Well, I’m off to Champaign-Urbana for a few days to visit niece, nephew, brother-in-law, etc. and also to visit with some former colleagues at the UIUC. Also, I can’t exactly put my finger on it, but for some reason I dislike the Cardinals. I’m mostly ambivalent towards the National League in general, but maybe it’s because the Cardinals fans in Champaign-Urbana (and there actually were a decent amount of them, being only two hours or so from St. Lous) when we lived there had the reputation of being the “hicks” compared to the more populous Cubs and White Sox fans. Just a thought.
- The pope hat has spoken, and I think this is a good thread. twitter.com/popehat/status… 2 hours ago
- RT @Popehat: /9 People who complain about cancel culture while demanding flag burning amendments and "loosening up" libel laws and laws pro… 2 hours ago
- RT @PaulGowder: This may be an incredibly unpopular opinion (yet I don't fear cancellation for it), but: sports are the lowest possible pri… 3 hours ago
- RT @stacos: LAST HOUR Car vs open bridge, Morrissey Blvd - Avoid #dorchester "sup w/ you bruh.. bridge is opening and you say... yeah I'… 6 hours ago
- This. I’m thinking stuff like ticketed premiere streaming parties with social aspects, celebrity presence and comm… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago