Well I finally got around to putting up the Pictures from the cruse. We were on a 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas.
Some highlights of the trip include:
- Scuba diving in St. Marteen. Pictures and details to follow. (Only one of us actually made it down 25 feet though)
- Getting lots of sun and relaxation. This was our fourth cruise, so rather than do all sorts of shore excursions and activities, we just hung out on the beach or at the pool for the most part.
- Southerners. For some reason, the whole ship was 85% people from Georgia and other southern states. I think it was the time of the year, and the timing of various spring break schedules. It was amusing.
- Wine. The Mariner of the Seas actually has a dedicated wine bar, which was a nice place to hang out and have a glass or two or three, or even an occasional martini.
- Kennedy Space Center. I hadn’t been there since I was a kid, many many years ago. It was pretty cool. In case you didn’t already know this, the Saturn V rocket is pretty darn big.